WA Acts Against Drug Contamination in Homes Through Mandatory Testing
Pressing concerns have been raised regarding the health impact of lingering residue in homes used as clandestine laboratories (clan labs) on future residents. As a result, the regional government is mulling over the mandatory testing of homes and rental properties for drug residue. This revolutionary move is expected to have a significant impact on the real estate sector and may lead to several legislative changes.
The adverse impact of not testing
Current regulations require property sellers and rental managers to disclose outright if there has been drug-related activity in a residence that is up for sale or lease. However, many sellers and managers are often unaware that a property was used as a clan lab and or for illicit drug use. Therefore, no testing is done prior to leasing a home to a new tenant. It may not seem like much of a big deal, but negligence of this sort has resulted in health issues among residents.
Why is testing necessary?
- To ensure the property regardless of renting and or purchasing we have a clean and habitable property for our community to live in
- A standard test establishes the reference conditions preceding remediation;
- Testing the property ensures the health and safety of any person working onsite during the remediation process;
- In the long run, residents moving into the property will find themselves in a healthier and safer environment; and
- Testing also gathers the requirements needed by banks, insurance companies, and property owners and also helps quantify the cost of the process.
Consider Kleen Slate Services
Kleen Slate Services are a accredited company specialising in the complete decontamination of a property as well as the removal of any substances or equipment that may be detrimental to the health of future residents. Book an appointment with us today Or call Kleen Slate Services for Perth Meth testing, Kleen Slate Services Perth meth decontamination.